06 Apr Hedge Fund Managers Make a Lotta Moolah!!!
Hedge Fund Managers. Some people don’t know what these people do, but all they know is that they make a lot of money for themselves and for their clients. So what exactly is a hedge fund manager? Well, long story short, a hedge fund manager manages money for people and they can make money by speculating whether a trading vehicle (ie. stocks, bonds, Forex…) will increase or decrease in value. Well, last year, the top 10 hedge fund managers, on average made a bazillion dollars due to the strength of the stock market and immense recovery of the global markets. Let me give you a glimpse of what the top 10 earning hedge fund managers made last year from the Absolute Return’s list:
1. John Paulson, Paulson & Co – $4.9bn
2. Ray Dalio, Bridgewater Associates – $3.1bn
3. James Simons, Renaissance Technologies – $2.5bn
4. David Tepper, Appaloosa Management – $2.2bn
5. Steve Cohen, SAC Capital – $1.3bn
6. Eddie Lampert, ESL Investments – $1.1bn
7. Carl Icahn – $900m
8. Bruce Kovner, Caxton Associates – $640m
9. George Soros – $450m
10. Paul Tudor Jones, Tudor Investment – $440m
Did I mention that this is what they personally made?!? Did I also write that they made all this last year?!? I repeat that last year’s top earning hedge fund manager, John Paulson made almost $5B! That’s a billion with a “B”. There you have it people, some insane moolah!
As traders we all aspire to be the next John Paulson.
Btw, did I tell you I changed my name to John?