07 Jun Don’t Worry, Be Happy!
Don’t worry, be happy~ (yup, I’m humming the song as I type) sung by Bobby McFerrin. These days, people generally complain, or they’re negative from every aspect. People are just very unhappy due to the uncertain economy, job prospects, relationship issues or just being plain miserable with their life. I’m generally an optimistic person and I always try not to allow anything to impact me negatively. However, we’re all humans so I came up with some quick thoughts on keeping our mojo up for those downer days…
- Avoid hanging around negative people. Negativity breeds negativity.
- Do things that you enjoy. You will feel happy when you engage in activities that you enjoy.
- Spend more time with the people you love. Love makes people happy.
- Feel blessed that you are healthy and free of sickness or diseases.
- Exercise more. Exercise produces chemicals that make you happy.
- Random acts of kindness. Helping someone in need makes you feel that you made a difference in someone’s life.
- Take control of your life. The lack of direction in life causes you to feel uncertain about your future.
… and just start smiling. You’d be surprised how much more smoother your day will be when you let go of the negativity.